Saturday, February 20, 2010

NOVEMBER, 2009


Well, November got off to a BIG start as my parents drove in to our neighborhood late one night on this....
for Justin's big 13th birthday...



Justin and Jailyn have been begging for a golf cart for two years, and my mom and dad came through in an unbelievable fashion. Needless to say, this was Justin AND Jailyn's birthday present from my parents (and Christmas and New Years....)



We finally broke down and got a dog, too. I found an Aussie mix on Craig's list which is exactly what we had been looking for. Her name is Noel. She was three years old and most importantly FREE!! She has been a great addition to our family....Wonder if anyone fed her today? (Just kidding, sort of)



On Sunday, November 8th, Jailyn was baptized by her daddy alongside some of our close friends in ministry - Nathan and Johnathan Platt. Jailyn had gained assurance of her salvation earlier in the year, and after talking with her and studying Scripture together, she AND we felt she was ready for this important step. The Holy Spirit is evident in Jailyn's life. I have seen some marked changes in her behavior as she daily seeks to please Him.











I had the wonderful privilege of speaking at a ladies' retreat in the mountains of NC on the week of Lange, Justin, and my birthday. We slipped away a few days early and enjoyed our favorite pasttime as a family - hiking in the mountains.




We also visited the Biltmore Estate. Call us crazy! The Biltmore was NOT designed for a double stroller on a rainy day, but we still had a blast. I think it was the BEST time of year to go because we got to enjoy the beauty of the fall leaves, and they had already decorated for Christmas. You can't take pictures inside, so there aren't any to post.



I had wanted to give something meaningful to Justin on this momentous birthday, so the Lord gave me the idea of writing the Proverbs in my own words as a book to him. I presented this to him on his birthday in our hotel room. Lange also gave him a really cool sword and talked to him about the Word of God - our sword - and its importance in the life of any man. I pray he will read the Word and truly internalize it as he grows and matures.









We (especially Lange) enjoy eating in "out of the way" joints. We found this great diner right by the water, but while we were eating we began to notice all the "rules" posted throughout the
restaurant. Jailyn proceeded to take picture after picture. It got really funny before we left. Here are just a few of the MANY signs we saw:




In the meantime, I must not forget to mention Jaclyn who continues to grow, and grow, and grow... I think this was the month when someone asked for the first time if Jonathan and Jaclyn were twins. We think it is due to Hirschsprung's disease, but Jonathan hasn't grown at all in the past year. We are hoping his surgery helps.









Because of Jonathan's health, we decided to stay close to home for Thanksgiving. I haven't mentioned this yet, but we were and are in the middle of a HUGE basement renovation to add 2 bedrooms, one bathroom, and a new laundry room. Lange has worked tirelessly in the middle of the birth of a new baby and a sick child. It has been quite stressful at times, but he has persevered. Oh, yes. We had a sheetrock party the night before Thanksgiving, and I cooked for all the men. SO...we ate Thanksgiving dinner at Cracker Barrel. Our parents felt so sorry for us, but we LOVED it!

Jaclyn was asleep in her carrier, and I took the picture - lest you think we stayed home. :-)

No comments: