Saturday, February 20, 2010

FEBRUARY, 2010


I believe Jonathan has a strong aversion to holidays and special events. He got his first bowel obstruction on Jailyn's birthday. He spent Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day in the hospital. After receiving a new surgery date of February 16th, Jonathan decided to scare us to death in the middle of the night on February 12th by waking up vomiting profusely. We took off to Cincinnati as fast as we could - fully thinking this was enterocolitis again and that surgery would be postponed yet another time. He was admitted - knocking off Valentine's Day... As it turns out, though, he had a seriously aggressive stomach bug. How do I know? Well, Jaclyn, Lange, I, Jailyn, my mom, and now Justin have all been very sick in that order this past week. Although it was miserable for us, it gave the surgeons confidence to go ahead with surgery. They removed a whopping 13 inches of colon (I have a picture of it) on Tuesday, February 16th, and we are waiting seven days for Jonathan to have anything to eat or drink. He is healing rapidly, but he is hungry. The nurses are giving him nutrition by a PICC line, but it isn't like eating and drinking. We are thankful to have surgery behind us, but would someone please go ahead and start praying over St. PATRICK'S Day? :-)

Lange and I got engaged in February of 1993. When I really take a look back at all the Lord has brought us through, I am amazed - and thankful - for every single minute. God gave me a partner for life that I sure didn't deserve - at a time in my life when I really didn't care about pleasing HIM. What a gift. Aside from my salvation, I am awed by my incredible husband the most.

He has been faithful to me and our family throughout circumstances that many would have walked away from. In addition to caring for our sick child alongside me all week, Lange drove home last night so he could work in our basement - attempting to complete a huge renovation that we have been working on for almost 8 months. He will stand tomorrow before a congregation of people and lead them to worship the ONE he desires to please above all else. I am grateful to share my life with him.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Isn't God so good? I live more every day amazed at His grace in my life in so many ways. One of those is Jason! I'm so glad God brought you into our family with Lange. You both have encouraged us in unbelievable ways. We pray daily for your family and thank Him for His plan in your lives! Love you!

Tami Muhlbauer said...

Jamie your sweet attitude is refreshing! In a world where people scream at God, act out in anger and lose their priorities you and Lange are great examples of how to seek God's face daily in all areas of your life. I can't imagine all that you are going through but know that you have an intercessor in prayer for the Muhlbauer family. We love you guys, miss yall dearly and praying daily. Love ya :)