Friday, June 18, 2010

Day One, Flight to Treasure Cay, Bahamas

Yes, in the span of a little over a month, I - who has a GREAT fear of heights - have flown in a hot air balloon, and now a nine-passenger airplane over the WATER of all things. I don't even like going over bridges at night. I think God is teaching me a new form of trust - TOTAL and COMPLETE trust. As it turns out, Lange and I were the only two passengers. Pretty sure they lost money on us since we only paid $79 apiece to get over to the island. It was really neat, as long as I didn't look down...

The boarding process was hysterical. We had to weigh our luggage and then weigh ourselves. Then, the lady said to just be near her desk about twenty minutes before time to go. Sure enough, about ten minutes before takeoff, two pilots walked up to us and said, "Ready to go?"


The view from the sky - Lange took this picture

SOOO happy to be on the ground. I look pretty tired in this picture. We had only gotten a few hours sleep the night before because of the conference.


BEAUTIFUL Treasure Cay. There truly was NOBODY on the beach.


What a paradise...


Sounds in the plane just before takeoff...

No comments: